Palomar Starlux 500 Machine
The Palomar StarLux 500 uses both laser technology and intense pulse light (IPL) technology in the treatment of various dermatological conditions.
PALOMAR STARLUX 500 MACHINE
What is Palomar Starlux 500?
The Palomar StarLux 500 uses both laser technology and intense pulse light (IPL) technology in the treatment of various dermatological conditions. This new and improved version of the Palomar StarLux 300 model can perform just about any aesthetic procedure, from facial vein treatment to skin tightening, and many other skin rejuvenation procedures.
How does Palomar Starlux 500 Work?
With more than a dozen handpieces, Palomar StarLux 500 can specifically treat a broad range of skin conditions. For treatment of vascular and pigmented lesions, the laser beam from the handpiece penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin and generates heat energy that destroys abnormal blood vessels and creates “microinjuries” or controlled wounds. This in turn elicits a wound healing response and eliminates damaged blood vessels as well as old skin cells. In addition, the production of collagen and elastin increases, which ultimately boosts skin cell renewal. Over time, the skin regenerates, revealing improved skin tone and texture.
For laser hair removal, practitioners simply use a different handpiece to target areas of unwanted hair. The laser beam then penetrates the skin and reaches individual hair follicles. This in turn generates a highly controlled heat energy that damages and stops the growth of the hair follicles, preventing future hair regrowth
What are the Indications for Palomar Starlux 500 Treatment?
This highly advanced laser platform is indicated for the following:
- Ablative skin resurfacing
- Acne treatment
- Facial vein treatment
- Fractional laser treatment
- Leg vein treatment
- Light-based skin rejuvenation
- Permanent hair removal
- Skin tightening
- Wrinkle reduction
What are the Amazing Features of Palomar Starlux 500?
The following features make Palomar Starlux 500 the most advanced machine in the field of laser and IPL treatments:
- Advanced Cooling System: Unlike its predecessor, the Palomar Starlux 500’s cooling system can deliver bursts of cold air within 1 minute of plugging.
- Multiple Handpieces: With more than a dozen compatible handpieces, this machine can provide more treatment options as well as revenue.
- Smooth Pulse Technology: Protects the skin from thermal damage by emitting laser pulses in a smooth and consistent pattern.
- AccuSpectrum: Ensures maximum protection of the treatment area by filtering excess light.
- Photon Recycling: This technology provides superior efficacy by reducing energy loss.
Laser Type: Varies depending on Handpiece
LuxR Wavelength 650-1200 nm; Pulse Width 5-100 ms; Spot Size 16×46 mm; Energy up to 45 J/cm2
LuxY Wavelength 525-1200 nm; Pulse Width 1-100 ms; Spot Size 16×46 mm; Energy up to 48 J/cm2
LuxG Wavelength 500-670 and 870-1200 nm; Pulse Width 1-100 ms; Spot Size 10×15 mm; Energy up to 70 J/cm2
Pulse Rate: Up to 3 Hz (speed)
System: 58 lbs
Chiller: 35 lbs
Cart: 56 lbs
110 V | 60 Hz
240 V | 50 Hz
Compatible with nearly a dozen StarLux handpieces, including the LuxR, LuxRs, LuxY, LuxYs, LuxG, MaxG, LuxV, Lux1440, Lux1540, Lux2940, Lux1064+ and Lux Deep IR