Medit i700 Intraoral Scanner
Medit i700 makes the scanning experience a comfortable one for both the dentist and patient. Medit i700 is a fully open-source intraoral scanner, compatible with Medit’s Link software, as well as software from other CAD/CAM providers.
Medit i700 intraoral scanner can capture up to 70 FPS, which is significantly faster than the previous model. It delivers high image resolution for better quality. The reversible tip is also more durable. The Medit i700 offers a remote control mode and a built-in UV-C disinfection function.
Medit has introduced its next-generation intraoral scanner, the i700, a follow-up to the company’s Medit i500 scanner. The new unit is designed to capture up to 70 frames per second, meaning more data with each pass—the result of which is said to be a smooth and quick scanning experience with crisp images and realistic colors.
The i700 has been scaled down to create a smaller and lighter device, weighing just 8.64 oz. It also features redesigned tips, which are now reversible and designed to be autoclavable up to 100 times. In addition, the i700’s cable is now detachable for portability and easy maintenance.
Medit has included a UV-C LED in the new scanner, which is said to make the i700 the only scanner with self-disinfecting capabilities. The device also features a new remote-control mode that is designed to allow users to keep their hands on the unit and show patients the scan data.
To further increase user comfort, a new remote-control mode has been developed for the i700, allowing the clinician to always keep his or her hands on the unit and easily show the patient the scan data. Additionally, COVID-19 has increased everyone’s concerns about hygiene and safety.
Medit has included a UV-C LED in the i700, making it the only device on the market with self-disinfecting capabilities, according to the company. The i700 runs on Medit Link, Medit’s software featuring integration with various other computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing providers as well as Medit’s own apps for smile design, orthodontic simulation, crown fit, and other patient communication tools.
Medit i700 features include:
- Margin marking or identification in the native Medit imaging software that allows you to send the data to the lab or for your to proceed with the design in your preferred computer-aided design software.
- Artificial implant scan body, abutment, impression post-detection, and automatic import into design software.
- The Medit i700 is one of the only scanners on the market that can create water-tight models or add bases to your models so that you can immediately print them. Many scanners force you or the lab to spend extra time on this process and this can save the dentist quite a lot of time.
- Scanning large span areas and arches can be easily achieved with the help of the reliability mode.
- Dual buccal bites and manual alignment allow for greater precision in mounting your digital cases correctly and preserving the proper vertical dimension.
The new i700 is smaller, lighter, and 2X faster than its predecessor. Summary of improvements:
- Twice as fast as i500/ more vivid lifelike colors
- 18% smaller
- 12.5% lighter
- UVC light to sterilize camera internals
- The scanning area was 14×13 now 15×13
- Accuracy twice as good for full arch
- Room to room mobility with USB 3 cable connection
- 180-degree rotation on the tip
- 45-degree mirror angle vs 40 – distal second molars
- Just plug right into the computer for power and USB
- 100 uses for the tips autoclave vs 50
- Scans up to 70 frames per second (i500 30 frames per second)
- Remote control button – switch between scan stages / rotate without having to go back to the keyboard
- Vibration when breaking continuity with scan
- Coverage of internal hardware
- Create a master model from scan segments – 5 separate boxes will stitch together in segments
- Multiple bites
- Faster time to process scan
- Ortho module auto tooth segmentation
- Scan and produce open source.STL,OBJ,PLY files
- Normally delivers within 5-7 business days
- One year manufacturer warranty included (additional 2-year manufacturer warranty can be purchased at check out – Just remember, your assistant is not going to tell you s/he dropped the camera at month 13. S/He will tell you “the camera just stopped working!”)
- Includes Level 2 Training: two-day hands-on training in Heidelberg (valid for 12 months after purchase, non-transferable)
- Includes initial remote training session
- Instructional videos to get started right away
- Peer to peer online support and private discussion forum
- Unlimited remote and phone support
- Satisfaction guarantee with the return policy
- 10% restocking fee within 30 days
- Two Year Extended Manufacturer Warranty (Total of 36 months)
- Calibration Tool
- Tip Set (4 each )
- Desktop Cradle
- Wall Mount Holder
- Medical Adapter & Power Cord
- Power Hub
- Power Delivery Cable (2.0m)
- Wrist Strap
- Practice Model
- Handpiece Cover
- USB 3.0 Cable
2 years on scanner, adaptors, cables except for autoclavable tips.